QCubed Examples Site
This is a collection of many small examples that demonstrate the functionality in QCubed. Later examples tend to build upon functionality or concepts that are discussed in prior ones, which allows the Examples site to be viewed as a quasi-tutorial. However, you should still feel free to check out any of the examples as you wish.
The Examples are broken into three main parts: the Code Generator, the Forms and Control Library, and Other QCubed Functionality.
* Some of the examples (marked with a "*") use the Examples Site Database. This database (which consists of six tables and some preloaded sample data) is included in the Examples Site directories. See Basic CodeGen > About the Database for more information.
The Code Generator is at the heart of the Model in the MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture. It uses the data model you have defined to create all your data objects, relationships and CRUD functionality.
Sections 1 - 3 look specifically at the Code Generator, the Object Relational Model it creates, and the QCubed Query library which powers it.
1. Basic CodeGen - An introduction to the QCubed Code Generator
2. More About the Object Relational Model - Looking more in depth at the functionality of the generated ORM
3. Querying in QCubed - Ad Hoc Queries, Custom Load Methods, and QCubed Query
QForms is a stateful, event-driven architecture for web-based forms, providing the display and presentation functionality for QCubed. Basically, it is your "V" and "C" of the MVC architecture.
Sections 4 - 10 are examples on how to use Forms and the Control libraries within the QCubed Development Framework.
4. Basic QForms - An introduction to Forms and Controls
5. Basic AJAX in QForms - A look at how to AJAX-enable your QForms
6. More About Events and Actions -
7. Paginated Controls - The Table, DataGrid and DataRepeater controls
8. Advanced Controls Manipulation - Dynamically creating controls, Implementing custom controls
9. Advanced AJAX - Advanced AJAX functionality like drag and drop, selection and cinematic effects
10. Other Controls - Other core controls
Beyond the Code Generator and the Forms library, QCubed also has many other modules and features that are useful for web application developers.
11. Model Connectors, DataGrid Connectors, and the Drafts - Combining the Code Generator with the Form Library
12. Beyond HTML - Other libraries in QCubed
13. Other Tidbits - Other random examples, samples and tutorials
14. Libraries - Infrastructure that lets the community extend QCubed